The church of Saint James already present in 1304, was the property of the old hospital of San Giovanni Rotondo, as the symbol of inventory of assets of Raymond Berlingieri, Lord of San Giovanni Rotondo and of the County of Monte Sant'Angelo. This church was the seat of the “Council of War” of the new unitary Government, which passed an inhuman judgement of death sentence against thirteen citizens of San Giovanni Rotondo, found guilty of enticement to the civil war during the reaction of the Bourbons in October of 1860, culminating in the killing of twenty- four liberal citizens.
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE PREVIEW OF THE BOOK OF ST. PIUS
Orario delle Messe validi dal 1 Giungo fino al 28 Ottobre 2018
- 6:30 Santa Maria delle grazie
- 7:30 Chiesa Inferiore S.Pio da Pietr.
- 8:30 Santa Maria delle grazie
- 10:00 Chiesa S.Pio da Pietr.
- 11:30 Chiesa S.Pio da Pietr.
- 16:30 Santa Maria delle Grazie
- 18:00 Chiesa S.Pio da Pietr.